Tim Challies writes the best paragraph on Emerging/Emergent that I have ever read.
Allow me to add to Tim’s “you may be emergent if” list.
1. You love Jesus but hate what Paul has done with his teachings.
2. You pray the rosary even if you aren’t a Catholic.
3. You listen to Bruce Springsteen to receive sacramental grace.
4. You have a coexist bumper sticker on your fuel efficient, foreign vehicle.
5. You use phrases like “platonic dualism” with your church members. Actually, you don’t believe in church membership; you just choose to live in covenant community.