For over a year now, my wife and I, along with several other believers from Lake Country have been praying and working towards the establishment of a local church in Delafield, WI. God has shown himself powerful to open each door as He builds his Church for his glory. This Sunday, we look forward to the beginning of a brand new local body, Lakewood Baptist Church. In an area where the preaching of the Word is often not the priority on Sunday and where the gospel has been muddled by seeker-programs and liturgical ritualism, we are praying that God will shine his gospel light brightly through this new and imperfect body that is simply seeking to be faithful to the teaching of Scripture while maintaining a vibrant evangelistic presence in the community.
The preparations for this day have been long and stretching. We began meeting for Wednesday Bible studies about one year ago. After several months of study and prayer, it became apparent through some difficult circumstances that it was not yet God’s timing for this work to begin. So, we took a step back and re-evaluated the timeline and the method and then regrouped. When we launched our team-building phase on April 8th of this year, about 20 believers began studying the book of Philippians together at a local hotel conference room, all the while praying that God would take our small Bible study and turn it into a local body for the sake of his glory in our community.
One week into June, sensing that God was indeed working through us, we launched our outreach phase in which we:
- Made 18,000 phone calls with the help of our mother church (Calvary Baptist in Watertown)
- Held a Cola War with the help of the youth groups from Calvary Baptist and Brookside Baptist
- Sent 3 bulk mailings to the 1,300 people on our mailing list
This week, we will be following-up with each of the 1,300 on our mailing list and preparing for our first Sunday morning worship service this Sunday at Cushing Elementary School in the City of Delafield at 10:00 AM. We are praying that God would:
- Be glorified through the ministry of our church (Ephesians 3:21)
- Continue to raise up believers in this community who are in need of a place for their families to grow (Ephesians 4)
- Continue to open doors for faithful gospel witness (Ephesians 6:19)
I ask for your prayers!