Archive for category Blogger Friends
1. As I’m writing this, I have 16 days, 19 hours, and 48 minutes until the marriage ceremonry begins. I was reading this verse today from Deuteronomy 24:
When a man hath taken a new wife, he shall not go out to war, neither shall he be charged with any business: but he shall be free at home one year, and shall cheer up his wife which he hath taken.
I really like that verse! A year just isn’t very practical — but I am going to use it to justify a sabbatical from blogging from about December 20th to about January 7th or so. After all, sometimes the wars on here get kind of intense.
I am preparing several posts in advance — thanks Verity for taking care of the blog for me while I’m gone!
2. Sunday night my church surprised Emiley and I with a party in honor of our wedding! They gave us cake and ice-cream, along with a Christmas tree with money as ornaments (huge blessing). We then spent some time getting advice, sharing stories and stuff…it was awesome and we felt so loved!
3. Emiley and I are going to the Outback Bowl on our honeymoon! I was born in Tennessee and Emiley was born in Wisconsin — naturally, the game is Tennessee vs. Wisconsin. What an incredible girl she is — excited about a football game, on our honeymoon at that! We may just have to venture over to Outback Steakhouse after the game for a bloomin’ onion and a medium-rare steak.
4. We have about 18 inches of snow down — the low profile rims and tires on Chica (my 1997 Honda Civic — a legend — that used to belong to a nice spanish lady before she got it impounded for going 30 over without a lisence or insurance) are giving me some struggles when I have to drive before the snow plows come.
5. My buddy Jeremy is finally coming home from Saipan on Saturday! Weather permitting, I will see him at church on Sunday morning! Wahoeey! On a funny side-note, he recently took the E-harmony test that measures all those dimensions of compatability — good thing he found Anna already — he failed the test! You’ll have to read his blog…Dr. Neil Clark Warren really let him down.